Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Residential College 4, UTown)
The appointee will assume the role of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer for the teaching of modules offered by the college, specifically on the theme of Systems Thinking applied to natural, social & technological phenomena. The appointee will have teaching responsibilities in the College curriculum, which is constructed around small group seminar‐style modules for first and second year students. These multi‐disciplinary modules will cover a diverse range of areas such as energy, environment, health care, psychology, business, economics, behaviour, and politics but have in common a focus on getting students to develop an informed perspective of issues in the above areas through the lens of qualitative and quantitative systems thinking. RC4 aims to enable students develop critical & creative thinking and expression skills using the grand challenges facing society as the context. We are particularly interested in faculty members who are interested in using impactful, student‐centred pedagogies. The appointee is also expected to take on leadership role in the college operations, and participate in student programmes/activities and mentoring.
- Doctoral level qualification in Psychology (with quantitative/modelling orientation), a minimum of 1 years’ relevant teaching experience
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for multi-disciplinary teaching
- Keen interest in mentoring/interacting with students
- Awareness of impactful, student-centred pedagogical approaches
- Engage in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Motivated individual with an attention to details, and is comfortable in working independently and as part of a team
We welcome you to apply via email to Ms. Yong Bee Choon at firstname.lastname@example.org with pdf copies of the following:
- Cover letter
- CV (names of three referees including candidate's main PhD supervisor)
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Student feedback for teaching (if available)
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants (mandatory for non-NUS applicants)
- Other supporting documents
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.