Application is closed
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Residential College 4, UTown)
The appointee will assume the role of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer for the teaching of modules offered by the college, specifically on the theme of Systems Thinking applied to natural, social & technological phenomena. The appointee will have teaching responsibilities in the College curriculum, which is constructed around small group seminar‐style modules for first and second year students. These multi‐disciplinary modules will cover a diverse range of areas such as energy, environment, health care, business, economics, behaviour, and politics but have in common a focus on getting students to develop an informed perspective of issues in the above areas through the lens of qualitative and quantitative systems thinking. RC4 aims to enable students develop critical & creative thinking and expression skills using the grand challenges facing society as the context. We are particularly interested in faculty members who are interested in using impactful, student‐centred pedagogies. The appointee is also expected to take on leadership role in the college operations, and participate in student programmes/activities and mentoring.
- Have a PhD, a minimum of 1 years’ relevant teaching experience
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for multi-disciplinary teaching
- Keen interest in mentoring/interacting with students
- Awareness of impactful, student-centred pedagogical approaches
- Engage in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Motivated individual with an attention to details, and is comfortable in working independently and as part of a team
Please submit a letter with a brief description of your background and reasons for your interest in this position, and attached the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae – personal particulars, academic history, employment history, documents relating to education (including teaching philosophy), documents relating to research, documents relating to service activities and impact
- The names and contact details of three referees (including candidate’s main PhD supervisor)
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.