Open House 2023

Open House 2023 (1)

RC4 Open House 2023

4th March 2023

Residential College 4 Open House 2023 has successfully provided more than 1000 prospective students and their families with a comprehensive understanding of the unique living-and-learning experience offered at RC4. This year’s theme is "Systems of Heart, One RC4 Family.", which reflects the college's commitment to providing a holistic and integrative education experience that fosters critical thinking, global citizenship, and compassion.

The team, consisting of dedicated professors, staff and students and have worked for months to bring the best student life experience at RC4 through numerous activities, including the return of on-site tour of the facilities, exhibitions of more than 50 interest groups and activities, and live demonstrations and Q&A session from professors on our academic curriculum.

Open House 2023 (6)
Open House 2023 (16)
Open House 2023 (15)

Organising RC4 Open House has definitely been a challenging yet fulfilling and enjoyable experience. After two years without a large-scale physical Open House, we have decided to make a few adaptations, hoping to promote RC4 under a more vibrant and inclusive image. I am extremely grateful to have the opportunity to work alongside exceptional committee heads and members as well as RC4 staff and professors to execute new ideas, such as using Tik Tok as a promotional platform for the first time, or designing new banners and merchandise.

To be honest, I was quite nervous on the morning of Open House, worrying how things might go wrong. But the moment we opened the door and waves of members of the public started coming in, admiring our decorations, touring around the campus and asking questions, all those worries were gone instantly, and I am very proud of the whole team for making all of this possible!

Nguyen Viet Ha

Project Director (School of Computing, Year 1)

As the Vice Project Director of the  RC4’s open house, I poured my heart and soul into making it an unforgettable experience. From the initial planning stages to the day of the event, I was involved in every aspect. Welcoming prospective students and their families with a warm smile, I guided them through the campus, showcasing the vibrant atmosphere of RC4. Coordinating a team of dedicated volunteers and committee members, I ensured that every detail was perfect, from interactive demonstrations to engaging presentations. Seeing the excitement and curiosity in the eyes of visitors made me immensely proud to have played a role in shaping their open house experience.

Simon Helminton Khine

Vice Project Director (NUS Business School, Year 1)
Open House 2023 (4)
Open House 2023 (12)
Open House 2023 (14)

Open House was a more refreshing experience in 2023 compared to the previous years. With the easing of COVID measures, it was nice to see RC4 bustling with so much life and vigour from the members of the public. What was unique was the ability to give visitors a guided tour into residential floors. This allowed us to showcase what it was like to live in RC4, which made it easier to boast the vibrancy of RC4's culture and promote the various aspects of student life it has to offer.

Nathanael Lim Jun Wei

Secretary (College of Humanities and Sciences, Year 1)

Open House 2023 provided us a platform to really showcase what RC4 had in-store for future residents. Being part of the publicity team allowed me to capture stories and share moments of our student life that made our stay here so worthwhile. Launching our official TikTok was a new milestone in our outreach efforts, and I cannot wait to see our reach grow even more!

Nicholas Lee Wei Tao

Publicity Committee Head (School of Computing, Year 1)

Being part of RC4 Open House as a subcommittee member and volunteer was a really meaningful part of my first year in NUS. The EXCO deserve a lot of credit for how they managed to lead a cohesive team all the way from brainstorming to execution, while simultaneously creating fun memories for everyone in the process. A particularly stand out memory was the night before OH to decorate our MPSH, with everyone sitting down on the floor to blow balloons together!

Jovanka Vienna Svenvie

Programmes Committee Member (NUS Business School, Year 1)
Open House 2023 (9)
Open House 2023 (13)
Open House 2023 (7)

Being part of RC4 Open House 2023 was an incredible experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the event as it provided a unique opportunity to showcase the vibrant and inclusive community that RC4 offers. As a member of the publicity committee, I assisted with initiatives such as filming and editing informative videos for RC4’s YouTube and TikTok to enhance the event's outreach. It was fulfilling to witness the positive response from prospective students and their families. Overall, Open House 2023 truly exemplified the warmth and welcoming nature of RC4 🙂

Yeo Fu Kai Marcus

Publicity Committee Member (College of Humanities and Sciences, Year 1)

I was in charge of the AMA booth during Open House 2023. Witnessing the profound interest of prospective students in RC4 was a truly remarkable sight. It filled me with immense delight and a profound sense of pride as I wholeheartedly showcased the college to our visitors, addressing their inquiries. However, there were moments when the unawareness of our booth led to an influx of queries that overwhelmed the tour guides. Nevertheless, despite these challenges, the experience was a gratifying and enjoyable one.

Xiang Yifei

Volunteer (Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, Year 4)

As a Tour Guide for Open House 2023, it was a very enriching experience. I really enjoyed giving visitors a tour of RC4, sharing with them the experiences and memories that I have made during my stay here, and answering the questions that I had myself when I was a freshman. Being a part of Open House allowed me to contribute to the welcoming and inclusive atmosphere of RC4, and I am looking forward to the next one 🙂

Ha Quang Anh

Volunteer (School of Computing, Year 1)