Freshmen Orientation Camp 2023

Freshmen Orientation Camp 2023 (1)

Freshmen Orientation Camp 2023

2nd - 5th August 2023

Residential College 4’s annual Freshmen Orientation Camp (FOC) welcomes incoming Year 1s and inducts them into the “Small Systems, Big Hearts” culture through meaningful team activities. Held from 2nd to 5th August 2023, the aim of FOC is to allow incoming freshmen transition into the new living and learning environment easier, while forging strong bonds with their peers. This is so that the freshmen are supported and equipped for academic and personal success during their time in University and RC4.

Freshmen Orientation Camp 2023 (15)
Freshmen Orientation Camp 2023 (9)
Freshmen Orientation Camp 2023 (14)

As the Project Director for RC4 FOC 2023, I had an enjoyable learning experience working with a dedicated main committee and lively group of seniors, who have great ambitions to make FOC meaningful and fun for the incoming freshmen. Since the COVID restrictions have fully loosened, the committee attempted larger-scale activities such as those at the field, as well as bringing back the overnight stay component of the camp. Although it was challenging to plan these aspects of the camp, we hoped that it would set a positive precedent for greater innovation of camp activities in subsequent years to come. All in all, I really treasure this leadership opportunity and the fond memories made 🙂

Teo Jia Xin

Project Director, College of Design and Engineering, Year 2

FOC was such an awesome way to start off the year! I had so much fun meeting the incoming freshmen for the first time. It was an action-packed few days, but seeing these freshmen’s vibrant energy really powered me through the whole event! Thanks to the FOC team for an unforgettable time!

Benedict Chang Yew Kit

Orientation Game Coordinator, College of Humanities and Sciences, Year 2
Freshmen Orientation Camp 2023 (16)
Freshmen Orientation Camp 2023 (17)
Freshmen Orientation Camp 2023 (3)

As an OGL in FOC 2023, I had a really great time interacting and bonding with the incoming RC4 batch. Thanks to the organising committee and the enthusiastic freshmen, the four day program went by without a hitch. I really enjoyed the wide range of stations games planned by the FOC committee.  To incoming freshmen, I hope you all enjoyed your orientation, and that you will enjoy your stay in RC4 even more!

Ha Quang Anh

Orientation Group Leader, School of Computing, Year 2

The event was well-curated to maximise team-bonding! I really enjoyed the ExplorNUS part as the activities were interesting and surprisingly out of the box. Throughout the camp, we were treated with welfare treats, which boosted our morale and made the camp much more enjoyable. I got to meet my housemates and interact with other houses, making new friends and forming stronger bonds. Even after the camp, I am still very close to my group mates! I would like to thank the camp organisers for this camp 🙂

Yong Hui Ting

Freshman, College of Design and Engineering, Year 1