Ink Harmony

Ink Hrmony (1)

Ink Harmony

3rd September 2023

RC4lunteers, one of the RC4's community service interest groups, organised "Ink Harmony" to engage seniors from Orange Valley Active Ageing Centre in art jamming, in support of NUS Cares and part of the Youth Corps Singapore's Programme X. The event aims to promote active ageing and inter-generation bonding between the seniors and student volunteers.

The seniors had a fun morning interacting with the volunteers in canvas and tote bags design. They also participated in bingo game and a tour around the college to understand the living-learning environment that the volunteers are staying in.

Ink Hrmony (2)
Ink Hrmony (3)
Ink Hrmony (6)

Ink Harmony marked our first collaboration with Youth Corps Singapore through Programme X, which empowers youth to lead positive change in the community. We encountered several challenges in procuring logistics and had to revise the proposal multiple times, despite the short timeline. I am truly grateful for my team, who supported each other during the planning and execution stages. This collaboration and understanding contributed to a great experience during my time at RC4lunteers!

Looking ahead, we aspire to better leverage the resources and expertise of external organisations to further enhance our initiatives and organise even more exciting activities for the seniors. We would also wish to explore opportunities to support other beneficiaries in our community.

Cheryl Lee Ying Xuan

Project In-Charge, College of Humanities and Sciences, Year 2

Participating in the volunteering session with the elderly has been an extremely heartwarming experience. Seeing their smiles as we painted and played bingo together reminded me of the power of little slices of joy. This event has inspired me to continue giving my time to brighten the lives of others, and I'm grateful for the warmth and wisdom the elderly shared with me during our time together!

Lynette Yeow Si Ling

Volunteer, NUS Business School, Year 2
Ink Hrmony (5)
Ink Hrmony (7)
Ink Hrmony (4)