[Praxis] Take Action – Beyond Paper Qualifications

Take Action – Beyond Paper Qualifications (2)

Take Action - Beyond Paper Qualifications

20th January 2022

Hosted by Quek Xiu Juan Caroline of RC4 CSC's Liaison Committee, an interesting resume workshop was held at the Master's Common Lounge where participants brought their CVs to consult Ms. Ho Zhi Hui.

Ms. Ho, Co-Founder and Chief Operations Officer at Skilio, sees diversity and potential in people and is on a mission to personalize soft skill development through measurement and analytics for individuals and organisations to be future-ready.  She is a Psychology undergraduate at the National University of Singapore. Concurrently, she serves as a Public Education Committee member in the Singapore Psychological Society and is an active member of the Young Women's Leadership Connection.

The workshop is very useful as it introduced the STAR framework to help with our resume crafting. The speaker also provided us with real time feedback on our resume draft so I was able to find areas of improvement and make adjustments accordingly. Overall it was a fruitful experience for me!

Ziyuan

The session is fruitful for the speaker was able to provide in-real-time personalised feedback. Moreover, the insights shared during the session made me realise the importance in including our soft skills to differentiate ourselves from other people. Hoperfully, this would not be the last time such workshops are conducted in RC4. The platform suggested, Skilio, really helped me a lot in identifying the soft skills I didn't know can be included in my resume. I really hope that this platform can be shared with the community so that they too can equally benefit from using it!

Yong Feng

Skilio helped me to understand what potential employers look out for in candidates and how to better present myself in front of them. Their platform helps to highlight the potential strengths and blind spots based on my past experiences and gives personalised recommendations for me to improve!

Zhi Yu

Take Action – Beyond Paper Qualifications